This Privacy notice describes how YO/ME collects and handles your personal information.
Who controls your personal data?
According to legislation about data protection the data controller is responsible for ensuring safe usage of your personal information. Furthermore, the data controller has to ensure that you are given the accurate information regarding usage of your data, and that your rights concerning your personal data are respected to the fullest.
Your personal information is being handled and preserved by:
YO/ME Copenhagen ApS
2300 København NV
CVR-nr: 38 07 02 90
What personal data do we collect and why?
When you place an order, call our customer service or sign up for our newsletter we collect your personal data. The data simply includes the details you provide us by giving your consent. These personal data are name, email address, mobile number, credit card information, shipping and billing addresses.
We use the information to:
- Process your payment and deliver the items you have purchased.
- Provide any additional services you have or may have requested e.g. our newsletter.
- Help and assist you via our efficient customer service.
We process your personal information with your constent based on the following scenarios:
- If it is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation, e.g. according to the Accounting Act.
- In order to send you newsletters, make credit ratings, and additionally, offer you an effective customer service
How long do we store your data?
We will not preserve your personal data for a longer period of time than it is necessary, unless the law requires that we retain it for longer. Regarding delivery of our products, we will store your personal information for up to 6 years due to the Accounting Act. We will store your personal data for as long time you have given your consent to receive our newsletter without requesting removal of your personal data. Subsequently, personal data regarding general inquiries from unregistered customers will be deleted after 1 year, unless there are special reasons for storing the information for an extended period of time.
What are your legal rights regarding your personal data?
You have the following rights:
- You have the right to request insight, revision or removal of your personal information.
- You have the right to deny and limit the handling of your personal information.
- If the handling of your personal information is based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the legality of the processing done before your retraction.
- You have the right to oppose the processing of your personal information used for direct marketing including targeted marketing. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are entitled to receive the personal information you have provided in a structured and organized machine-readable format.
- You have the right to file a complaint to a data protection authority e.g. the Data Protection Agency.
You can always unsubscribe from our newsletter or other communication received via email by using the unsubscribe link. If you wish to have any of the above rights granted please send an email to: email@example.com
However, there may be some conditions or restrictions on your rights. Therefore, you may not be able to request portability of data in specific cases. This depends on the exact circumstances regarding the treatment of your personal data.
The following information is mandatory:
- Name, address, email address, phone number and credit card information – in case of delivery of our products.